LOOKING FOR VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITES?
The City of Sartell has a broad array of volunteer opportunities for individuals, family, groups and organizations. Take a look at the list below and let us know what might be of interest to you!
GARDENING & MAINTENANCE TYPE PROJECTS
– contact Brad or John at the Public Works Department (email@example.com
, 320-267-0065 or firstname.lastname@example.org
1) Litter pick up and weeding in our landscaped round-abouts
2) Adopt-a-park (mowing, garden maintenance, litter pick-up at a park of your choice)
3) Tree planting in select parks and public properties
4) Adopt-a-garden (weekly weeding at a public garden area of your choice – e.g. City Hall, SW Water Plant, Police Station, community identification sign locations)
5) Veterans Park – one time project to stain the gazebo
6) Spring planting of flowers in the city’s planters
7) Litter pick up in various roadway ditches & around park storm water holding ponds
8) Adopt a hydrant (snow removal around the hydrant & summer painting)
– contact Chief Jim Hughes at 320-251-8186 or email@example.com
1) Police Reserve – The Police Reserve program is comprised of volunteers from the community that are trained to assist police officers with calls for service and support staff within the police department.
2) Volunteer/Pay Per Response Firefighter – The City of Sartell and LeSauk Township are served by a highly trained, full service 30 member team of firefighters.
ADMINISTRATION & PUBLIC POLICY
1) Cable Broadcaster – Operate video and audio broadcast equipment city council meetings on the 2nd and 4th Mondays of each month. Contact Brad at firstname.lastname@example.org, 320-267-0065
2) Election Judge – Every two years the city hires more than 50 people on a temporary basis to assist with conducting election activities at its 7 voting precincts. Contact Peggy at email@example.com, 320-258-7303
3) Board and Commissioner members – The city council annually appoints members of the community to serve on various advisory boards and commissions including Planning Commission, Park Commission, and the Economic Development Commission.
EAGLE SCOUT PROJECTS
We always welcome the opportunity to work with our local Scouts to come up with an eligible Eagle Scout project.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org, 320-267-0065, for further information.