The City of Sartell has a broad array of volunteer opportunities for individuals, family, groups and organizations. Take a look at the list below and let us know what might be of interest to you!
COMMUNITY GARDEN VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
City volunteers have landscaped a number of areas throughout the community to help beautify Sartell, and we count on volunteers to help us maintain these gardens throughout the summer season.The commitment involves taking some time in the Spring to clean up the garden, and then checking on it throughout the summer to make sure it is weed free and thriving. You can also suggest changes or request some new plantings by working with our public works crew. Volunteers also get a sign installed recognizing their adoption of specific beautification areas. If you are interested in adopting one of these gardens, contact Mary at Sartell City Hall (258-7309).
– contact Chief Jim Hughes at 320-251-8186 or email@example.com
1) Police Reserve – The Police Reserve program is comprised of volunteers from the community that are trained to assist police officers with calls for service and support staff within the police department.
2) Volunteer/Pay Per Response Firefighter – The City of Sartell is served by a highly trained, full service 30 member team of firefighters.
ADMINISTRATION & PUBLIC POLICY
1) Cable Broadcaster – Operate video and audio broadcast equipment city council meetings on the 2nd and 4th Mondays of each month. Contact Mary at firstname.lastname@example.org, 320-258-7309.
2) Election Judge – Every two years the city hires more than 50 people on a temporary basis to assist with conducting election activities at its 7 voting precincts. Contact Heidi at Heidi.Ostlie@sartellmn.com, 320-258-7318
3) Board and Commissioner members – The city council annually appoints members of the community to serve on various advisory boards and commissions including Planning Commission, and the Economic Development Commission.
EAGLE SCOUT PROJECTS
We always welcome the opportunity to work with our local Scouts to come up with an eligible Eagle Scout project.
Contact email@example.com, 320-267-0037, for further information.